Friday, December 3, 2010

Bah Humbug Blues...

Okay...So I am one of THOSE people that LOVE Christmas. I mean it is my very FAVORITE!!! However, this year I am having a terrible time getting into the spirit. It feels I am being pulled into 100 different directions and that everyone needs something. I'm not enjoying this feeling... I want to savor every moment of this Christmas; remembering the story of our precious Saviour's birth. One night. One star. One set of two weary-eyed parents. One name...JESUS!

Hope you are having a blessed day,

4 comments:

April Westerhold said...

You know, I had that same feeling this year, too. Normally, I cannot wait until I get to put up the tree and usually have it up by Thanksgiving (I know, gasp) but I always think that it adds to the spirit if the tree is on on Thanksgiving day. This year, though, I had absolutely no desire to decorate at all. It takes too long, it is such a mess, Caleb is not going to leave the ornaments alone, on and on and on BUT I made myself do it anyway this past weekend. I made myself do Christmas crafts with the kids and I am actually starting to get there now. Hope you get over the hump!

M.O.T.B said...

What a great post! Take a deep breath, I completely know how you feel!

Tricia said...

Oh no, I hope you get over that feeling soon and are able to enjoy the season. Best wishes :)

Patricia Williams said...

I've been feeling the same way, each year, I get a little less excited about it all.

This year, my hubby has gone from full-time to slighth part-time with his company. We have no idea what we're going to do. It's scary, but in a weird way, I've felt like I have more of an "excuse" to not do as much gift-giving. It's been very freeing, in a sense.

I'm trying to look at the positives and not put pressure on myself to do too much. Tonight we put up a very pretty nativity scene and that may be all we do. Enjoy as much as you can. Blessings!

Post a Comment